Marking the 75th Anniversary of DC Comics’ Batman, Warner Brothers have revealed their plans for a year long celebration benefitting the one of the most natural super hero ‘the one we all love’ anniversary program starting today, includes a brand new commemorative 75th anniversary batman logo and an exclusive “Cape/Cowl/Create’ art exhibit, featuring 20 contemporary artists’ and lots more! celebration just doesn’t end there but the celebration will be going on throughout the year across all of Warner Brothers Entertainment.
- DC Entertainment – DC Entertainment has an action-packed year filled with new Batman titles, commemorative issues and variant covers, including the recently released special edition of Detective Comics #27commemorating Batman’s first appearance in the book in 1939, the new weekly series Batman Eternal launching April 9, and upcoming exclusive Batman variant covers planned for San Diego Comic-Con International in July.
- Batman Day – DC Entertainment is also partnering with thousands of comic retailers, book stores and libraries for “Batman Day” on Wednesday, July 23. Each location will host a Batman 75th Anniversary celebration and offer fans a free, special edition Batman comic.
- Interactive Entertainment – Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment has invited celebrated fashion designer Asher Levine to create a cape and cowl based on the Batsuit of the recently announced Batman: Arkham Knight videogame developed by Rocksteady Studios. Favorite contemporary artists will have the opportunity to use the replicas as a blank canvas to produce their own, original interpretations of Batman’s iconic attire for an all new “Cape/Cowl/Create” art exhibit that will be showcased at San Diego Comic-Con International in July.
- Home Entertainment – Warner Bros. Home Entertainment will bring fans an array of new Batman titles throughout the year, including the highly anticipated release of the Batman ’66 TV series for the first time ever. Other new releases include animated films Son of Batman (May 6) and Assault on Arkham (summer 2014). Additionally, a 25th Anniversary Edition of Tim Burton’s Batman feature film will be released in the fall.
- Animation – Warner Bros. Animation has created two new Batman animated shorts set for debut in April. Fan-favorite Bruce Timm created one of the shorts and he will participate in a Batman 75th All Star panel at WonderCon in Anaheim on Saturday, April 19 where a “Batman Beyond” short, produced by Darwyn Cook, will premiere as well.
- Television – Later this year, FOX will debut Warner Bros. Television’s highly anticipated new show Gotham centered around a young James Gordon (known later as Commissioner Gordon). Detective Gordon will encounter a familiar cast of characters as he fights to keep Gotham safe, including a young Bruce Wayne.
- Pictures – As Batman’s 75th anniversary is celebrated in 2014, Warner Bros. Pictures will begin production of Zack Snyder’s untitled Superman/Batman film starring Henry Cavill, who reprises his role as Superman/Clark Kent, and Ben Affleck as Batman/Bruce Wayne. The film, slated for release summer 2016, will bring the two most iconic Super Heroes of all time together for the first time on the big screen.
- Consumer Products – Warner Bros. Consumer Products has partnered with an array of licensees to celebrate Batman’s 75th Anniversary through special edition and limited-release products. From the classic 1960s TV series to modern day comics, Batman’s presence will be larger than ever in celebration of his legacy through everything from toys to t-shirts.
- DCComics.com – For the latest information and exclusive content celebrating Batman’s 75th anniversary, visit www.Batman75.com. The dedicated section on DC Comics’ website launches today with the Batman 75 Sweepstakes which offers one lucky fan a one-of-a-kind prize package.
Source: DC Entertainment Press Release